Thursday 26 July 2007

Not the best news...

I always try to share positive things on my blog - but today I have to say that I am feeling somewhat crap - so can I take this opportunity to apologise in advance.

I had a bit of a shock yesterday. I went along for a routine 6 monthly monitoring appointment for my blood disorder to discover (totally unexpectedly) that all is not well. In fact, all is worse than it has been in over 20 years.

So, I was given two treatment options - neither of which are particularly appealing. The first (and most effective one) involves a few days in hospital followed by several weeks of illness and unpleasant side effects, and the second involves large doses of unpleasant steriods (for a prolonged period of time) and all of the asscociated side effects that come with them. The problem is, having been through both of these options several times before, I am only too aware of the fact that each time I go through this, the less effective the treatment gets - but the side effects seem to only get worse. Ho-hum...

I chose option 2 - and I have to go and be checked again next week to make sure that it's working. If not, I'll have to accept that the greater of the two evils really is neccessary. Anyway, to those of you who are unfortunate enough to have have to put up with me (and my mood swings, shivers, aching limbs, vomiting etc.) over the next few weeks - I'm Sorry!!!!

But on an entirely different note - can I just say what a great time I was having before my trip to the hospital. I had the pleasure of meeting a really genuine bunch of new folks and spending an interesting few hours with them - it made me realise how much I miss being in the middle of it all. So, thanks to all of you for making it such an enjoyable expereince for me - and I hope that I'll see you all again soon!

4 comments:

tone the blueshawk said...

My dear friend - I'm so sorry to hear that - steroids can be a real rescuer, but at quite a cost. I hope the treatment goes as well as it possibly can. And if can lend a shoulder to rest/cry on, I will be there in a moment. love Tone xxx

emma said...

Sorry to hear you not well Northshore. Take it easy, forget your cares and get well soon.

Em.

klahanie said...

Dear Northshore-
Words cannot do justice to how I feel about what you have written.
Al I can offer you is support. I will do anything I can to help you out.
If I can be of any assistance at the office on Wednesday; I will do my utmost.
I send you positive wishes. You are a lovely lady. It was a pleasure spending time with you and those genuine folks last week.
Sincerest wishes Klahanie.

Domenica said...

I am so sorry to hear that all is not well with you health-wise Sunseeker.
I sincerely hope the treatment works for you in the best way possible, and that you will be well again soon.
I will be in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, so if there is anything extra that I can do to help you, please let me know. My very best wishes....D x