Monday 9 July 2007

'Ups' and 'Downs'...

What a week it's been - highs and lows all over the place! Wednesday was my wedding anniversary - and my lovely husband treated me to a wonderful meal out (an opportunity to not have to cook is always the best present).

On Friday, I went to see Russell Brand (not everyone's cup of tea I know - but he always makes me laugh - and he has the most amazing eyes) and on Saturday I was fortunate enough to be at the Genesis concert in Manchester (again, not everyone's cup of tea, but undoubtably three hours of some of the most amazing performances I have ever heard). Great!!

Unfortunately, this week has also seen me say a fond farewell to my lovely co-worker of over four years - and the place just isn't the same without her... But, for her, the move onwards and upwards is a fantastic opportunity to shine somewhere new as much as she did here, and I'm sure that her new team will appreciate her as much as I did . So well done lovely Em - I'll miss you!

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Hi Northshore-
You sure have had a contrasting week.
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Heck, any excuse not to cook a meal eh? :-)
Russell Brand..hmmmm. The guy wouldn't even respond to my e-mails I sent him. I figured the dude would like my attempt at surreal comedy. Oh well.
Now Genesis. One of my favourite bands. I have special memories relating to their Album titled "And Then There Were Three." Classic Album.
Your former co-worker 'Em'. What a truly nice lady she is. I have great respect for her. I have great respect for you.
Look after yourself Northshore.
Warm wishes adanac67

emma said...

We'll all miss her very much.

Genesis is the sort of legendary band that everyone should see given the opportunity. Glad you enjoyed it.

Emma.

Domenica said...

Hi Sunseeker,

It sounds as if you have had some delightful treats.(three in a row) can't be bad! I echo your sentiments regarding Emma, she is a truly genuine and lovely person, and will be missed by all of us in many ways. Thank you for your very kind comments on my blog....much appreciated! Best wishes D

klahanie said...

Hi Sunseeker-
Thanks for a really pleasant, positive discussion today. You were brill. It was great being a part of the Talkbank group.
Keep smiling. Warm wishes Gary.