Friday 23 November 2007

Cold Feet!

There can be no more denying it - winter is definitely here. The gloves, scarf and hat have made a re-apperance and my feet are constantly cold! But the sun is shining today so the cold doesn't seem to matter so much...

I went for a progress report at the hospital this week, and good news - my blood count appears to be stabilising. I can finally reduce my steroids again and have been given a six week reprieve, which is a great early Xmas present.

So all I need to do now is warm my feet up somehow... I was fortunate enough to take a holiday at the end of October (my attempt to keep the onset of SAD symptoms at bay for as long as possible). So I have some lovely memories to help to keep me warm - and loads of photos to remind me what a great time I had. This is one of my favourites so I thought I would share it with you - but I bet you can't work out where it is!

4 comments:

klahanie said...

WARM greetings Sunseeker
Brrrrr...it has been cold! I hope your feet are now toastie warm!
That is great news regarding your health concerns. Now you can hopefully focus on the'Festive Season'.
I'm sure your photos will bring back fond memories of the place you visited. I'm positive it has somewhat warmer temperatures than we usually experience.
It is an honour having met you. You are a very kind lady. I consider you to be that 'precious commodity' a real friend.
Thank you so much for your comments on my latest blog. It means an awful lot to me.
Oh yeah...I'm pretty sure where that photo was taken. I will keep it a secret! :-)
WARM wishes Klahanie.

Domenica said...

Hi Sunseeker,

I am very glad that the hospital test results were so positive for you, that really is the best possible news.
Regarding the photo on your blog, I could cheat a little and say I had guessed, but you having shown me the slide-show of your holiday photos, and already told me, it wouldn't be fair. Best wishes...D X

Smallandsnappy said...

Hi Sunseeker,

As a new blogger I am just working my way through and into this Blogging thing. Unlike the other comments, I have no idea where the photo is from. However as a fellow sufferer I can often be found curled up arround my sad light, remembering those long, long sunny days. Today 4/12/07 there is an article on SAD in the Sentinel.

All the best

Philip

David said...

Dear Sunseeker,
First, thanks for your comments on my own blog and glad to hear that you are well.
Personally, I know very little about SAD but know how depressing it can be to see those nights drawing in. I will have to look in The Sentinel to learn more about it. Maybe I'll write a response. By the end of the year, The Sentinel will be sick of hearing from me!

Yours with Very Best Wishes,
David.