Saturday 13 January 2007

Wet weather, the dog and S.A.D...


Getting out of bed can be a real chore some mornings. My head tells my legs to move but they take no notice at all - a bit like talking to my dog really... He's been loving this wet weather, for some reason his favourite pastime at the moment is rolling his face in the mud. Not sure how he manages to keep the rest of him clean, but his body tends to remain relatively close to it's usual colour.

I read on the Mind website yesterday that the only guaranteed cure for 'Seasonal Adjustment Disorder' is to live within 30ยบ of the equator. So, I had a quick look on a map of the world, and this seems to involve moving to somewhere like Hawaii, Florida, the Canary Islands...sounds like a jolly good idea to me! I'm sure that my husband won't take much convincing - but I'm not sure how my teenager (or the dog) would feel about it...

4 comments:

emma said...

January feels like the hardest month - but at least the days will start to become noticeably longer soon and then, hopefully it will begin to feel like Spring, swiftly followed by long, hot Summer days...

Domenica said...

The photo of your dog is adorable.

Regarding the weather, at least we are heading in the direction of Spring followed by what has been forcast as a very hot Summer. (ever the optimist)

All the seasons have something to offer, but when experiencing S.A.D. it must be quite difficult in the dark days of Winter. Roll on Spring/Summer.

tone the blueshawk said...

Aha - sunseeker I've found you out - how can I have overlooked you so long?
It won't be long now until the rays strengthen and you can bask again

People keep telling me I ought to move to somewhere warm - I think they mean well, but a boy could get to feel unwanted - love txxx

purkul said...

hya,

sounds like a mighty fine plan to me! room 4 a not so little 1! ha ha!

purkul
x