Thursday 23 November 2006

Thinking of warmer times....


I find it difficult to cope with the short winter days, sometimes it never really seems to get light. I should have been one of the many creatures who get to hibernate - I could find the thought of curling up in a warm and snuggly place and sleeping until the spring peeps through the mist very appealing at times.

I'm listening to Dido's Sand in my Shoes - it's funny how easily a song can take you right back to a certain point. Last time I heard it I was lying on perfect white sand watching my family splash about in a wonderfully clear blue sea. If I close my eyes I can picture it all so clearly...


5 comments:

emma said...

Songs really can transport you to a different place. Thinking of a warm place on a cold day like today is a real comfort.

chris164 said...

i like the idea of hibernating through the winter. Then u could go wild in spring eating all the food ya want and go crazy doing lots of stuff cus u know that soon the winter sleep'll be around again.

purkul said...

hello northshore,

nice to see your blog, joining the fold as it were!

i'm thinkin that if the theme of your blog is all these nice places and things like that it might make me get me ass in gear and go to such places!

i'll see it as my blogg oasis!

nat
x

Alec said...

You could have lovely long dreams when you hibernate, and you'd get to finish them without the alarm waking you every morning.

tone the blueshawk said...

come in (and blog again) sunseeker - your time has come - hope you had a great christmas... love txxxx